Corona Virus update: Regrettably this event has been CANCELLED
Masters of Light : WORKSHOP
with John Clements
Sunday 17th May 2020 | Members £70 | Non Members £89
Join professional photographer and lighting expert John Clements on this interactive and exciting lighting workshop on location at The Southampton Camera Club. Join us as we shoot step - by step, live portraits and fashion with numerous themes utilising all of the techniques that come together for top class results. We will work with daylight and flash throughout, based around Speedlight/Speedlite's, but the techniques and skills are also transferable in many instances to other uses. For example, do you ever use fill-in flash from a portable Speedlight/Speedlite in your landscape photography? If not why not… all will be revealed.
Copythorne Hall (address at the bottom) plenty of parking on site
Please email the club secretary with your details. Payments are required in advance and you will receive a response detailing club bank transfer details. Please note we can only accommodate over 18yrs.
A cheque made out to The Southampton Camera Club will also be acceptable. Please use the mailing address: 16 Shalden Close, Aldermoor Southampton. SO16 5JG
Content is suitable whatever your experience
Teas and coffees are provided all day but lunch is not included
This is a hands on workshop so bring your camera, flashgun and any short to medium telephoto lens (An 85mm ideal) that is suitable for portrait work. Make sure batteries are fully charged and you have spare cards.
Doors open from 9am
12:30 Lunch break
1:30 Afternoon session
Note: All timings are approximate
John Clements - www.gophototraining.com
John was previously the Advisor On Photography’ for Nikon Corporation in the UK, then later an Ambassador for many companies including Nikon, Profoto and others. Having been immersed in Speedlight/Speedlite photography for decades our day will utilise the amazing options one or more of these can be, for producing top class professional results. As a professional, John has shot largely people photography from the well known to the not so well known and across various genres from portraits to fashion, to life style and others. And having led workshops and written numerous books and magazine features on photography in general, he has a fine reputation for dispensing with the facts in a fun but memorable way. So the content is suitable for anyone no matter their experience.
What will you learn?
- An overview of flash and how it works.
- Understanding your flash unit’s controls and information displays.
- Understanding your options with camera exposure modes and other camera settings combined with flash.
- Flash unit exposure modes – what they can and can’t do.
- Getting the best ‘in hotshoe’ results.
- Working with flash inside & out.
- Understanding & using fill-in flash.
- Demonstration of lighting quality, and how to control it.
- Real-world guidance and demonstration of practical lighting solutions for common situations.
- Wireless off camera flash shooting – shaping your light and subjects.
- Useful third-party light shaping tools.
- Q & A throughout.